The Campaign for the Arts is an independent charity.
All of our funding comes from monthly and one-off donations by supporters. We use donations to pay for the staffing and other costs of:
- researching and understanding the issues affecting the arts;
- championing the benefits of the arts through our stories and campaigns, online and in the media;
- publishing data and reports, including our Arts Index;
- encouraging everyone, from individuals to businesses and governments, to play a positive role for the arts;
- acknowledging outstanding achievements in local arts and culture, through our annual Hearts for the Arts awards;
- developing the Arts Map, our digital platform linking UK citizens with local cultural organisations;
- updating our supporters via email and social media;
- running our organisation, ensuring that our finances are well-managed and controlled.